Agricultural implements

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Agricultural implements

Equivalent terms

Agricultural implements

Associated terms

Agricultural implements

6 Archival description results for Agricultural implements

Only results directly related

Patterson collection [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 7
  • Collection
  • 1850-1995, predominant 1855-1920

Collection consists of textual records, photographs, site plans and a photobook. Copies of Vaughan Township by-laws and petitions, correspondence of Peter Patterson (the founder of Patterson, Ont. and one of the proprietors and manager of the Patterson Works) and Redelmeier family, report concerning period structures remaining on present site, and newspaper clippings, published and unpublished essays relating to various aspects of Patterson's history, including one pertaining to the Patterson School, S.S. #19. Collection also includes plans of the hamlet, 1928 and 1936, as well as records re: history, activities, personalities, etc. of Don Head Farms. The collection includes five photographs depicting life on property, by then known as Don Head Farms, when it was an agricultural enterprize during latter part of Patterson ownership, and into the administration of W. Redelmeier and his sons (see below for further information); also noteworthy are 23 photographs copied from the Patterson Family Album depicting family members from the United States and Canada; as well as a photograph of Mrs. Peter Patterson, executed in 1866, and a photograph of the Patterson residence, ca. 1870. Additionally, photographic documentation of Patterson family related matters in Westfield, New York focusing on the Asa Farnsworth House, Holland Land Company, and "Old Cemetary" (where a number of family tombstones are depicted), as well as the town of Patterson, California are present. Collection is also notable for the presence of a number of record copies pertaining to the noted town of Patterson, California, a present-day municipality of some 7000 people incorporated in 1919, and adjacent ranch founded by T.W. Patterson, the nephew of Peter Patterson, during the mid-nineteenth century: Cartographic material, municipal by-laws, newspaper articles, correspondence, and legal documents and other documentation generated by the Patterson ranch. M008.4 accession is constituted of photocopies of Patterson and Bro Manufacturers

Photographs of Vaughan Township

  • CA CoV Archives M988.18
  • File
  • [ca. 1920-1935]

File consists of photographs. Images include Concord Railway Station, Edgeley Methodist Church, horse-powered binder, Keffer's Service Station, St. Stephen's Anglican Church in Maple, Edgeley Schoolhouse, Frank and Carson Smith, and Levins Airport.

Printer's plates and photographs

  • CA CoV Archives M990.35
  • File
  • 1912-1970

File consists of printing plates and photographs. All material in this series relates to Woodbridge : printer's plates depict Implement Day, 1900, the Village Council, 1886, and 1960, the Memorial Tower, the Woodbridge corporate seal, maps of the village, 1870, and 1960. Prints depict W.H. Young, Clerk of the Village of Woodbridge, a gasoline threshing engine, 1912, and a farm equipment retail outlet.

Thoreau MacDonald fonds [Graphic material and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 40
  • Fonds
  • 1920-1957

Fonds consists of 29 book plates, 100 black and white photographs (including images of Yonge St, Arnold Ave, Elizabeth St, Centre St, Bathurst St, Hwy 7 and Seager farm and other agricultural scenes in Thornhill) 41 sketches done in pencil, and several write-ups on Thoreau Macdonald.