Showing 3 results

Archival description
Teston (Ont.) Collection Churches
Print preview View:

Dora and George Snider collection [Textual record]

  • CA CoV Archives M013.41
  • Collection
  • 1912-1998

Collection consists of various historical write-ups on villages (Edgeley, Sherwood, Langstaff, Maple, Coleraine, Purpleville, Elder's Mills, Woodbridge, Vellore, Carrville, Concord, Hope, Kleinburg, Patterson, Pine Grove, Teston), genealogical histories (Stong, Jackson), and issues of The York Pioneer and Canadian-German Folklore.

Ida McDonald collection

  • CA CoV Archives M993.26
  • Collection
  • 1890-1983

Collection consists of pamphlets: The McDonald family / Henry McDonald, 1967; The Gordon McGillivray Male Choir / Committee for the Gordon McGillivray Male Choir, 1983 ; Over a century : St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church Maple, Ontario 1829-1932 / Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 1932; Sesquicentennial history of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church / Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church. Also included are a hand-coloured postcard depicting Teston (Ont.), [ca. 1900], and a daily register for School Section #5 (Hope School), located on the west half of lot 28, concession 3 in Vaughan Township; the latter is noteworthy as it not only delineates attendees, but includes a list of text books authorized for use during the period in question and includes regulations on religious and moral instruction in public schools. Finally, the collection includes facsimiles of select records of Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church: baptism register, 1833-1861, and marriage registers for 1902-1928 and 1928-1954.

Vaughan Historical Reference Files [Textual record material]

  • CA CoV Archives Ref. 15
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1800-2011]

Collection consists of general reference files containing histories on many of Vaughan's communities as well as brief histories on a variety of historic structures and buildings throughout Vaughan.