Showing 10 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions File Churches
Print preview View:

Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Thornhill, Ontario [microform] : [registers] : 1831-1863

  • CA CoV Archives M992.2
  • File
  • Microfilmed 1991

File consists of microfiches. Transcriptions of original baptismal, marriage, and burial registers of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Thornhill, the tenth oldest parish in the Diocese of Toronto, established in 1830. An index of all names appearing in the register transcriptions (participants, witnesses, etc.) is included.

Photographs of Concord

  • CA CoV Archives M991.18
  • File
  • [ca. 1920]

File consists of three photographs. One image of Concord Methodist Church; two images of respective Concord School classes.

Photographs of Edgeley United Church and Hope School : [ca. 1930]

  • CA CoV Archives M993.5
  • File
  • Copied 1993

File consists of 2 photographs. Hope School was built ca. 1864 on the west half of Lot 28, Conceesion 3, and closed in 1967. The Edgely United Church was built in 1877; with the union of the Methodist churches, Edgeley became attached to the Maple circuit; it was closed in 1961, and demolished in 1969.

Postcards of Maple : [ca. 1900-1910]

  • CA CoV Archives M994.15
  • File
  • Copied 1994

File consists of copy prints of postcards relating to Maple in the late 19th and early 20th centuries; images document exterior appearance of Mr. Knight's undertaking parlour, as well former's residence (Mr. Knight shown standing in front); Temperance House and Sterling Savings Bank; St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church; streetscape encompassing 4th Street; streetscape, south side of Maple Avenue (Major McKenzie Dr.) at what would later become known as Keele St.; St Stephen's Anglican Church; and unidentified structure.

Postcards of Presbyterian Church, Maple, Ont., and Maple United Cemetery

  • CA CoV Archives M993.18
  • File
  • [19-?]

File consists of postcards. Photographic image of Maple Presbyterian Church, and Maple United Church Cemetery appear respectively on the postcards. On the obverse of the latter there appear in the hand of Juanita Charlton the names and dates of a number of McNair family members: John Scott McNair, 1862-1959; Alice Josephine Marsh, 1861-1942; John Leslie McNair, 1890-1976; Edna Marsh McNair, 1888-1982; and Alice Adeline McNair, 1892-1993.

Some of Vaughan's Pictorial Past / by Hugh Cook

  • CA CoV Archives MG 47
  • File
  • 2011

File consists of three copies of a pictorial book with text depicting a wide range of structures throughout Vaughan including schools, churches, stores, farms, houses, and mills.

St. Stephen's Anglican Church Ink Sketches

  • CA CoV Archives M014.13
  • File
  • ca.1960-1970s

Item consists of a collection of St. Stephen's Anglican Church ink sketches obtained from the Miller House. Sent by Dr. Ramsay and Mrs. Molly Armitage, these black and white sketched ink greeting cards with appropriate verses, were drawn by Mrs. Armitage's son Jack ca. 1960s -late 1970s. These cards were in possession of the Miller family, who owned a florist business and greenhouses located on the east side of Keele street. The miller house was located just south of their florist shop at 10137 Keele Street and was built ca. 1880. In addition to the 12 cards that were donated, historical infomation regarding The Church as well as Dr. Ramsay Armitage is also included.

Vaughan Township historical slides [Graphic material]

  • CA CoV Archives M012.18
  • File
  • [ca. 196-?]

Item consists of one album containing 122 slides of locations within Vaughan Township, including several of the Hayhoe Flour Mill in Woodbridge. The exact date of creation is unknown however one of the slide descriptions includes the year

Vaughan Township photographs [Graphic material]

  • CA CoV Archives M009.28
  • File
  • 1850-1996

File consists of photographs of various scenes and people in Vaughan Township from the mid 19th century to the late 20th century.