Showing 13 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Pine Grove (Ont.)
Print preview View:

Vaughan Historical Reference Files [Textual record material]

  • CA CoV Archives Ref. 15
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1800-2011]

Collection consists of general reference files containing histories on many of Vaughan's communities as well as brief histories on a variety of historic structures and buildings throughout Vaughan.

Some of Vaughan's Pictorial Past / by Hugh Cook

  • CA CoV Archives MG 47
  • File
  • 2011

File consists of three copies of a pictorial book with text depicting a wide range of structures throughout Vaughan including schools, churches, stores, farms, houses, and mills.

Norberta O'Rourke fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 45
  • Fonds
  • 1828-2002, predominant 1900-1980

Fonds consists of family histories and genealogical material, histories of schools and churches in Pine Grove and Woodbridge as well as the communities themselves, photographs, photo albums, scrapbooks, architectural drawings of the St. Margaret Mary School, diplomas, report cards, invitations, certificates, awards, programs, maps, correspondence, newspaper ad layouts, newspaper clippings, and commemorative coins from the 1991 inauguration of the City of Vaughan. Also includes County of York uniform promotion examination certificate documenting promotion of Mary O'Rourke of the Pine Grove School and an indenture between Alfred and Harriet Gooderham, grantors, and Michael O'Rourke, grantee. Also contains "1833 it was -- a trading post and granary 1989 it is -- a house of the 20th century", an unpublished essay by Norberta O'Rourke which details the history of the Elliot Trading Post and surrounding area, originally constructed on Lot 11, Concession 8, Vaughan Township in 1833.

Jim Cameron fonds [Textual records and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 31
  • Fonds
  • 1934-2001, predominant 1950-1990

Fonds consists of plans, reports, studies, correspondence, published materials, essays, and newspaper clippings which document the planning and development of Vaughan. Specific Vaughan topics within the fonds include the Maple dump, the Maple theme park, the Woodbridge annexation, and the building of the Vaughan industrial park, to name but a few. Moreover, official plans and studies for Thornhill, Maple, Kleinburg, Nashville, and Woodbridge provide invaluable evidence as to the evolutionary development of these communities.

James and William Russell fonds

  • CA CoV Archives M994.24
  • Fonds
  • 1821-1922

Fonds consists primarily of textual records offering comprehensive coverage of the business dealings of the Russells: correspondence, legal documents including estate records, indentures, agreements, leases, wills, etc., financial records, fragments of flock and herd registers, and printed matter. Some of the aforementioned textual material relates to Wm. Russell Sr.; of particular value here are real property tax assessment certificates, which comment on various aspects of the life of the elder Russell. The fonds also includes 2 postcards, one unidentified and one of the Richmond Hill Methodist Church; and two photographs depicting, presumably, the Russells, [ca. 1880]. Also present are 3 architectural renderings, floor plans, elevations, mouldings and casements, of an unidentified residential structure, [ca. 1880]. A variety of richly-ornamented diplomas, certificates, and ribbons and Stevensgraphs reflecting victories by James and William Russell cattle at contests sponsored by the West Riding of York and Township of Vaughan Agricultural Societies, the Woodbridge Agricultural Society, the Toronto Industrial Exhibition, the Dominion of Canada Industrial Exhibition, and the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, covering the period 1874-1900 provide ample and colourful evidence of the skill of the Russell brothers in their particular sub-field of agricultural science.

Historic postcards of Woodbridge

  • CA CoV Archives M989.19
  • File

File consists of postcards. Original postcards and information thereabout used in production of material cited above provided by Mrs. Alvin (Mary) Wood. Subjects: architecture, streetscapes, commercial enterprises, etc. in Woodbridge between ca. 1860 and 1940; include Cousins' General Store, Bagg's Grocery Store, Wallace Bros. Millinery Room, Elm Park, Wallace Street, Eighth Avenue, Main Street; also panorama of Pine Grove.

Dora and George Snider collection [Textual record]

  • CA CoV Archives M013.41
  • Collection
  • 1912-1998

Collection consists of various historical write-ups on villages (Edgeley, Sherwood, Langstaff, Maple, Coleraine, Purpleville, Elder's Mills, Woodbridge, Vellore, Carrville, Concord, Hope, Kleinburg, Patterson, Pine Grove, Teston), genealogical histories (Stong, Jackson), and issues of The York Pioneer and Canadian-German Folklore.

Results 1 to 10 of 13