Showing 114 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

An annotated atlas of Vaughan and King Township ca. 1851 : [1984]

  • CA CoV Archives M992.25
  • File
  • Copied 1992

File consists of maps compiled as part of a York University Geography course, 1984. Three sets of 2 maps (1 each of Vaughan and King Township per set); the first set delineates land use per 1000 acre blocks; the second indicates the names of landowners/tenants; the final set outlines the number of horses, oxen, cattle, sheep, and swine per 1000 acre block. All maps are based on the 1851 nominal and agricultural census returns.

Maple and Rupert Town : [site plan] : [18--?] [see notes]

  • CA CoV Archives M991.9
  • File
  • Copied 1991

File consists of a site plan that delineates the division line between Maple and Rupert Town; also indicates lot subdivisions and illustrates situation of Village of Richmond Hill relative to Maple and Rupert Town.

Photographs of Maple School and Purpleville School students

  • CA CoV Archives M992.29
  • File
  • [ca. 1896], [1917 or 1918]

File consists of images of students assembled before the two-room brick Maple School House (School Section #6), built in 1896, capturing much of the structure; students of the Purpleville School (School Section #11); school building not included in latter image.

Photographs of Vaughan Township : [ca. 1890-1930]

  • CA CoV Archives M988.5
  • File
  • Copied 1988

File consists of a group of photographs constituted of images depicting various scenes in a number of Vaughan Township hamlets, enclaves, and police villages: Edgeley Side Road, Edgeley Post Office, Concord United Church, Thornhill Station, Grand Trunk Railway Station in Maple, as well as general scenes of Carrville and Patterson; also includes images of Smith family of Edgeley engaged in curing meat in front of their smoke-house. In total, photographs capture flavour of rural-agrarian life in late-19th to early-20th century Vaughan Township.

Photographs of Edgeley United Church and Hope School : [ca. 1930]

  • CA CoV Archives M993.5
  • File
  • Copied 1993

File consists of 2 photographs. Hope School was built ca. 1864 on the west half of Lot 28, Conceesion 3, and closed in 1967. The Edgely United Church was built in 1877; with the union of the Methodist churches, Edgeley became attached to the Maple circuit; it was closed in 1961, and demolished in 1969.

Results 1 to 10 of 114