Print preview Close

Showing 12 results

Archival description
Teston (Ont.)
Print preview View:

Chapman family fonds [Graphic material, objects]

  • CA CoV Archives M003.5
  • Fonds
  • [187-?]

Fonds consists of two photographs, one of Thomas Chapman (1827-1880) and one of his wife, Isabella (1831-1879). Fonds also includes a long black skirt, a black beaded bodice, and a short black beaded jacket which belonged to Isabella.

Dora and George Snider collection [Textual record]

  • CA CoV Archives M013.41
  • Collection
  • 1912-1998

Collection consists of various historical write-ups on villages (Edgeley, Sherwood, Langstaff, Maple, Coleraine, Purpleville, Elder's Mills, Woodbridge, Vellore, Carrville, Concord, Hope, Kleinburg, Patterson, Pine Grove, Teston), genealogical histories (Stong, Jackson), and issues of The York Pioneer and Canadian-German Folklore.

Hope School (S.S. # 5) Class Photo, ca. 1937

  • CA CoV Archives M015.11
  • Item
  • ca. 1937

Items consists of one (1) class photo of the students of Hope School (S.S. #5) ca. 1937 as well as one (1) textual document including the names of the students photographed. Members of the McQuarrie family including Gord, Don, Bruce and Merv are pictured in the photo and a detailed list of other students are also included in the accession.

Hart-Piercey family fonds [microform, Graphic material] : [ca. 1890-1934]

  • CA CoV Archives M989.82
  • Fonds
  • Copied 1989

Fonds consists of microfiche frames and photographs. In addition to chronicling the families in question, the albums act to comment on the architecture, patterns of dress, and lifestyles common to Teston, and Vaughan Township as a whole.

Ida McDonald collection

  • CA CoV Archives M993.26
  • Collection
  • 1890-1983

Collection consists of pamphlets: The McDonald family / Henry McDonald, 1967; The Gordon McGillivray Male Choir / Committee for the Gordon McGillivray Male Choir, 1983 ; Over a century : St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church Maple, Ontario 1829-1932 / Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 1932; Sesquicentennial history of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church / Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church. Also included are a hand-coloured postcard depicting Teston (Ont.), [ca. 1900], and a daily register for School Section #5 (Hope School), located on the west half of lot 28, concession 3 in Vaughan Township; the latter is noteworthy as it not only delineates attendees, but includes a list of text books authorized for use during the period in question and includes regulations on religious and moral instruction in public schools. Finally, the collection includes facsimiles of select records of Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church: baptism register, 1833-1861, and marriage registers for 1902-1928 and 1928-1954.

Vellore Women's Institute fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 1
  • Fonds
  • 1835-1994, predominant 1960-1990

Fonds consists of minute books, 1915-1982, delineating deliberations, decisions, and activities of the Vellore Women's Institute, as well as occasionally citing the names of members and officers; and Vellore Tweedsmuir history (present in original and microform). Main topical subjects addressed in the latter include: Vellore Women's Institute and its contribution to welfare and development of the community; general community history including geography and topography of the locale; municipal government; agriculture; architecture; education; trade and commerce; histories of individual farms and families; religion; experiences of the community in Canada's wars including namers of volunteers in both conflicts; the Vellore Literary Society; the Vellore Band; transcribed reminicences of such individuals as Mrs. Ann Davidson, and Elizabeth Ann Snider; (extensive coverage of Rutherford Barn Raising, 1929; as well as history of hamlet of Teston; and Purpleville School (S.S #11).
The 2002 accrual consists of the papers from the Woodbridge Agricultural Fair and the Canadian Association of Exhibitions; minute books of the Vellore Women

Jean A. Bryson fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 25
  • Fonds
  • 1901-2007, predominant 1950-1970

Fonds consists of Jean Keffer artwork from 1935; correspondence regarding the annual Campbell, Keffer, Cameron, and Snider family reunions; Jean

Norberta O'Rourke fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 45
  • Fonds
  • 1828-2002, predominant 1900-1980

Fonds consists of family histories and genealogical material, histories of schools and churches in Pine Grove and Woodbridge as well as the communities themselves, photographs, photo albums, scrapbooks, architectural drawings of the St. Margaret Mary School, diplomas, report cards, invitations, certificates, awards, programs, maps, correspondence, newspaper ad layouts, newspaper clippings, and commemorative coins from the 1991 inauguration of the City of Vaughan. Also includes County of York uniform promotion examination certificate documenting promotion of Mary O'Rourke of the Pine Grove School and an indenture between Alfred and Harriet Gooderham, grantors, and Michael O'Rourke, grantee. Also contains "1833 it was -- a trading post and granary 1989 it is -- a house of the 20th century", an unpublished essay by Norberta O'Rourke which details the history of the Elliot Trading Post and surrounding area, originally constructed on Lot 11, Concession 8, Vaughan Township in 1833.

Some of Vaughan's Pictorial Past / by Hugh Cook

  • CA CoV Archives MG 47
  • File
  • 2011

File consists of three copies of a pictorial book with text depicting a wide range of structures throughout Vaughan including schools, churches, stores, farms, houses, and mills.

Results 1 to 10 of 12