Showing 4 results

Archival description
Teston (Ont.) Business enterprises
Print preview View:

Vellore Women's Institute fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 1
  • Fonds
  • 1835-1994, predominant 1960-1990

Fonds consists of minute books, 1915-1982, delineating deliberations, decisions, and activities of the Vellore Women's Institute, as well as occasionally citing the names of members and officers; and Vellore Tweedsmuir history (present in original and microform). Main topical subjects addressed in the latter include: Vellore Women's Institute and its contribution to welfare and development of the community; general community history including geography and topography of the locale; municipal government; agriculture; architecture; education; trade and commerce; histories of individual farms and families; religion; experiences of the community in Canada's wars including namers of volunteers in both conflicts; the Vellore Literary Society; the Vellore Band; transcribed reminicences of such individuals as Mrs. Ann Davidson, and Elizabeth Ann Snider; (extensive coverage of Rutherford Barn Raising, 1929; as well as history of hamlet of Teston; and Purpleville School (S.S #11).
The 2002 accrual consists of the papers from the Woodbridge Agricultural Fair and the Canadian Association of Exhibitions; minute books of the Vellore Women

Norberta O'Rourke fonds [Textual record and other material]

  • CA CoV Archives MG 45
  • Fonds
  • 1828-2002, predominant 1900-1980

Fonds consists of family histories and genealogical material, histories of schools and churches in Pine Grove and Woodbridge as well as the communities themselves, photographs, photo albums, scrapbooks, architectural drawings of the St. Margaret Mary School, diplomas, report cards, invitations, certificates, awards, programs, maps, correspondence, newspaper ad layouts, newspaper clippings, and commemorative coins from the 1991 inauguration of the City of Vaughan. Also includes County of York uniform promotion examination certificate documenting promotion of Mary O'Rourke of the Pine Grove School and an indenture between Alfred and Harriet Gooderham, grantors, and Michael O'Rourke, grantee. Also contains "1833 it was -- a trading post and granary 1989 it is -- a house of the 20th century", an unpublished essay by Norberta O'Rourke which details the history of the Elliot Trading Post and surrounding area, originally constructed on Lot 11, Concession 8, Vaughan Township in 1833.

Some of Vaughan's Pictorial Past / by Hugh Cook

  • CA CoV Archives MG 47
  • File
  • 2011

File consists of three copies of a pictorial book with text depicting a wide range of structures throughout Vaughan including schools, churches, stores, farms, houses, and mills.

Vaughan Historical Reference Files [Textual record material]

  • CA CoV Archives Ref. 15
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1800-2011]

Collection consists of general reference files containing histories on many of Vaughan's communities as well as brief histories on a variety of historic structures and buildings throughout Vaughan.