Fondo MG 21 - Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Milking Time on a Sunday evening at the Beamish farm, Lot 9, Concession 9, Summer 1916 Maple Post Office, Rupert Post Office and Bailey General Store, built ca. 1852, photo ca. 1910 Maple Residential Structure adjacent to general store, ca. 1890 Maple, Rose Hardware and Frank Robson Garage, n.d. Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1989 Blake Yake Home, 1989
Resultados 1 a 10 de 105 Mostrat todo

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Tipo general de material

  • Documento textual

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

Nivel de descripción

Fondo

Institución archivística

Código de referencia

CA CoV Archives MG 21

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1867-1995, predominant 1920-1995 (Creación)

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

0.45 m of textual records and other material

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Historial de custodia

Established in 1898, the Maple Women's Institute is one of a plethora of local branches of the Ontario Women's Institute; local philanthropic and charitable organization; social club; responsible for compilation of Tweedsmuir history of Maple. The Institute, as a formal agency, disbanded in 1991.

Alcance y contenido

Fonds consists of minute books delineating deliberations, decisions, and activities, for the period 1920-1991; members and officers also cited, intermittently. Fonds also constituted of the Maple Tweedsmuir history, in 2 volumes, compiled between ca. 1948 and 1995 (while the institute disbanded in 1991, work on the compilation of the final volume of the Tweedsmuir history continued until 1995) the history, which includes numerous 19th and early twentieth century photographs and postcards, comments on: architecture and buildings such as the Maple Community Library, Canadian Bank of Commerce, Maple Community Centre; general history of Maple; personalities such as Dr. Routley and Isaac Baker; events such as the Superior Propane Explosion of 1962; institutions and agencies such as Woodbridge and Vaughan Telephone Co., Maple Flying Club; etc. A historical sketch of the hamlet of Sherwood, just south of Maple, is also included. Tweedsmuir history provides excellent photographic evidence of Maple and its inhabitants, and includes postcards, some examples of which are hand-coloured. The history chronicles Maple and its evolution to 1995, with the second volume focusing heavily on streetscapes and heritage preservation in the mid-1980's to 1990's. Fonds also includes two large volumes of newspaper clippings chronicling various events in Maple from 1960 to the early 1980's and the history of the Maple Women's Institute; volume focusing upon Maple includes extensive coverage of Maple Lions Club and Superior Propane Explosion of 1962, development and local opposition thereto, municipal government, as well as images and text from newspapers re: 19th-century Maple. Second volume centres primarily upon the history of the Maple W.I. Fonds also includes loose postcards and photographs documenting architecture, streetscapes, and personalities; as well, odd documents such as maps, printed histories of the Hope United Church and Teston United Church, 1891 by-laws for the Maple United Church, etc. Of final note is the presence of a Primitive Methodist "preachers' plan" for the Laskay Circuit for 1867-1879, indicating preachers, stewards and places on the circuit (includes villages of Carrville and Patterson in Vaughan Township).

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

Arreglo

Idioma del material

  • inglés

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

  • Bay 4, Sh. 2 (M996.30)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 3 (photonegatives)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 13 (M989.75, M999.11)
  • Bay 4 Sh. 14 (scrapbooks)
  • Map 16

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

No finding aid available

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Identificador de registro de descripción

Identificador de la institución

Reglas o convenciones

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma de descripción

  • inglés

Escritura de la descripción

Fuentes

Área de Ingreso