Fonds MG 21 - Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Milking Time on a Sunday evening at the Beamish farm, Lot 9, Concession 9, Summer 1916 Maple Post Office, Rupert Post Office and Bailey General Store, built ca. 1852, photo ca. 1910 Maple Residential Structure adjacent to general store, ca. 1890 Maple, Rose Hardware and Frank Robson Garage, n.d. Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1989 Blake Yake Home, 1989
Résultats 1 à 10 sur 105 Afficher tout

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA CoV Archives MG 21

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1867-1995, predominant 1920-1995 (Création/Production)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

0.45 m of textual records and other material

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Historique de la conservation

Established in 1898, the Maple Women's Institute is one of a plethora of local branches of the Ontario Women's Institute; local philanthropic and charitable organization; social club; responsible for compilation of Tweedsmuir history of Maple. The Institute, as a formal agency, disbanded in 1991.

Portée et contenu

Fonds consists of minute books delineating deliberations, decisions, and activities, for the period 1920-1991; members and officers also cited, intermittently. Fonds also constituted of the Maple Tweedsmuir history, in 2 volumes, compiled between ca. 1948 and 1995 (while the institute disbanded in 1991, work on the compilation of the final volume of the Tweedsmuir history continued until 1995) the history, which includes numerous 19th and early twentieth century photographs and postcards, comments on: architecture and buildings such as the Maple Community Library, Canadian Bank of Commerce, Maple Community Centre; general history of Maple; personalities such as Dr. Routley and Isaac Baker; events such as the Superior Propane Explosion of 1962; institutions and agencies such as Woodbridge and Vaughan Telephone Co., Maple Flying Club; etc. A historical sketch of the hamlet of Sherwood, just south of Maple, is also included. Tweedsmuir history provides excellent photographic evidence of Maple and its inhabitants, and includes postcards, some examples of which are hand-coloured. The history chronicles Maple and its evolution to 1995, with the second volume focusing heavily on streetscapes and heritage preservation in the mid-1980's to 1990's. Fonds also includes two large volumes of newspaper clippings chronicling various events in Maple from 1960 to the early 1980's and the history of the Maple Women's Institute; volume focusing upon Maple includes extensive coverage of Maple Lions Club and Superior Propane Explosion of 1962, development and local opposition thereto, municipal government, as well as images and text from newspapers re: 19th-century Maple. Second volume centres primarily upon the history of the Maple W.I. Fonds also includes loose postcards and photographs documenting architecture, streetscapes, and personalities; as well, odd documents such as maps, printed histories of the Hope United Church and Teston United Church, 1891 by-laws for the Maple United Church, etc. Of final note is the presence of a Primitive Methodist "preachers' plan" for the Laskay Circuit for 1867-1879, indicating preachers, stewards and places on the circuit (includes villages of Carrville and Patterson in Vaughan Township).

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

  • Bay 4, Sh. 2 (M996.30)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 3 (photonegatives)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 13 (M989.75, M999.11)
  • Bay 4 Sh. 14 (scrapbooks)
  • Map 16

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

No finding aid available

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées