Arquivo MG 21 - Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Milking Time on a Sunday evening at the Beamish farm, Lot 9, Concession 9, Summer 1916 Maple Post Office, Rupert Post Office and Bailey General Store, built ca. 1852, photo ca. 1910 Maple Residential Structure adjacent to general store, ca. 1890 Maple, Rose Hardware and Frank Robson Garage, n.d. Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Maple Buildings, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1988 Blake Yake Home, 1989 Blake Yake Home, 1989
Resultados 1 a 10 de 105 Mostrar tudo

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Maple Women's Institute fonds [Textual records and other material]

Designação geral do material

  • Documento textual

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

Nível de descrição

Arquivo

Entidade detentora

Código de referência

CA CoV Archives MG 21

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1867-1995, predominant 1920-1995 (Produção)

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

0.45 m of textual records and other material

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

História custodial

Established in 1898, the Maple Women's Institute is one of a plethora of local branches of the Ontario Women's Institute; local philanthropic and charitable organization; social club; responsible for compilation of Tweedsmuir history of Maple. The Institute, as a formal agency, disbanded in 1991.

Âmbito e conteúdo

Fonds consists of minute books delineating deliberations, decisions, and activities, for the period 1920-1991; members and officers also cited, intermittently. Fonds also constituted of the Maple Tweedsmuir history, in 2 volumes, compiled between ca. 1948 and 1995 (while the institute disbanded in 1991, work on the compilation of the final volume of the Tweedsmuir history continued until 1995) the history, which includes numerous 19th and early twentieth century photographs and postcards, comments on: architecture and buildings such as the Maple Community Library, Canadian Bank of Commerce, Maple Community Centre; general history of Maple; personalities such as Dr. Routley and Isaac Baker; events such as the Superior Propane Explosion of 1962; institutions and agencies such as Woodbridge and Vaughan Telephone Co., Maple Flying Club; etc. A historical sketch of the hamlet of Sherwood, just south of Maple, is also included. Tweedsmuir history provides excellent photographic evidence of Maple and its inhabitants, and includes postcards, some examples of which are hand-coloured. The history chronicles Maple and its evolution to 1995, with the second volume focusing heavily on streetscapes and heritage preservation in the mid-1980's to 1990's. Fonds also includes two large volumes of newspaper clippings chronicling various events in Maple from 1960 to the early 1980's and the history of the Maple Women's Institute; volume focusing upon Maple includes extensive coverage of Maple Lions Club and Superior Propane Explosion of 1962, development and local opposition thereto, municipal government, as well as images and text from newspapers re: 19th-century Maple. Second volume centres primarily upon the history of the Maple W.I. Fonds also includes loose postcards and photographs documenting architecture, streetscapes, and personalities; as well, odd documents such as maps, printed histories of the Hope United Church and Teston United Church, 1891 by-laws for the Maple United Church, etc. Of final note is the presence of a Primitive Methodist "preachers' plan" for the Laskay Circuit for 1867-1879, indicating preachers, stewards and places on the circuit (includes villages of Carrville and Patterson in Vaughan Township).

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Localização de originais

  • Bay 4, Sh. 2 (M996.30)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 3 (photonegatives)
  • Bay 4, Sh. 13 (M989.75, M999.11)
  • Bay 4 Sh. 14 (scrapbooks)
  • Map 16

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Instrumentos de descrição

No finding aid available

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Idioma da descrição

  • inglês

Script da descrição

Fontes

Zona da incorporação